BENBECULA MEDICAL PRACTICE PRIVACY NOTICE: YOUR DATA, PRIVACY AND THE LAW
HOW WE USE YOUR MEDICAL RECORDS:
- Benbecula Medical Practice handles medical records according to the laws on Data Protection and Confidentiality
- While you are registered with the practice, we will keep records of your health and care.
- We share medical records with other health and care professionals when they are involved in providing you with care and treatment. This is on a 'need to know' basis and determined event by event.
- We will use your data to communicate with you about your appointments and medical care, by telephone, email or letter.
- We may share some of your data with local Out of Hours services, urgent and emergency care care services such as the Scottish Ambulance Service. Data about medication is shared by default, but you can opt out. We will check with you before we share any other clinical information this way. This is called a Key Information Summary.
- Data about you is also used to manage national screening campaigns such as flu immunisations, cervical cytology, bowel screening and management of diabetes.
- Anonymised data is used to claim payments and plan services
- We share information when the law requires us to do this, for example when we are inspected, when reporting certain illnesses, or safeguarding vulnerable people.
- Your data is used to check the quality of care provided by the NHS.
For more information, please ask to see the practice Data Sharing Policy. This is available to download from the practice website. You can also get a copy if you ask the practice. We have also written an extended practice charter that covers other aspects of our rights and responsibilities.
Practice GDPR policy
Practice Patient Charter